Sunny times for our guests
In 1999 the outdated low-pressure steam heating from the year 1905 was replaced by a central gas heating system.
In addition, a solar-power system using vacuum tube collectors on the roof provides a highly efficient and ecologically sound supply of hot water as well as supporting the heating system.
During the summer months the entire hot water is generated by the sun; during spring and autumn the heating utilises any surplus solar energy.
Funding from the EU, the Federal Government and the Berlin Senate subsidised this very cost-intensive renovation.
The benefits are considerable reductions in energy costs and CO2 emissions.
The environmental effects:
- Approx. 48% reduction of CO2 emissions p.a.
- 130 000 kWh primary energy savings p.a.
- 100% solar power coverage for hot water generation during summer
- 60% solar power coverage for hot water generation all year round
- 10% solar power coverage for the heating p.a.
- 27 square metres of vacuum tube collectors
- 120 kW capacity gas-burner u
- 800 litres ready storage
- 3x750 litres buffer storage
During 1998/99 our house participated in the model project "Development of energy savings measures in Berlin Hotels". For our customers we lead an energy-conscious house and we pay special attention to the sensible use of resources.
Wlan/Wi-Fi for free
Schlesische Straße 18
|Tel.:||+49 (0)30-611 71 16|
|or:||+49 (0)30-617 51 04|
|Office:||+49 (0)30-611 82 54|
|Fax:||+49 (0)30-618 29 74|
|Check in:||3:30 pm|
|Check out:||11:00 am|
The front desk is open 24 hours.
We take care of your luggage.
baxpax Hostels Hotels